MY GLAM SQUAD Cookie Notice
Last Updated Wednesday 23 May 2018
- Strictly Necessary/Transactional Purposes
Using Cookies for this purpose is essential for our Site to work correctly. They may be required to enable you to move around our Site and use our features, for system administration, to prevent fraudulent activity, to keep you logged in from one page to another or so that we can remember what you have added to your basket. These cookies cannot be switched off as our Site cannot function properly without them.
- Functionality Purposes
Using Cookies for this purpose enables us to enhance and simplify your user experience. For example they may remember choices you make such as the country you visit our Site from, language, search parameters such as date, area or treatment, and help to identify issues with our Site (such as crash incidents). These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to tailor and enhance your visits to our Site. The information these technologies collect may be personally identifiable, such as your log-in details. They cannot track your browsing activity on other websites or apps outside the Site.
- Performance Purposes
Using Cookies for this purpose enables us to better understand how many users visit our Site, how users arrive at, and browse or use our Site and which parts of our Site are most popular. This helps us to improve the Site, such as navigation and interface experience, and improve our products and services. To achieve this, we collect information on how people use our Site and use third party technologies for this purpose, including but not limited to Google Analytics. We also use these Cookies to help us measure the effectiveness of our online marketing and advertising activities. We use some third party Cookies for this purpose, including but not limited to tools provided by social media Sites (including Facebook and Snapchat).
You can opt out of Google Analytics here:
- Targeting or Advertising Purposes
Using Cookies for this purpose enables us to display adverts on and off the Site, and to collect information about your browsing habits and usage of the Site in order to make adverts more relevant and personalised to you and your interests. We may use remarketing technologies to enable third parties to display relevant and personalised ads to you through their networks. They are also used to identify that you have seen a particular advert, limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. We use some third party technologies for this purpose, including but not limited to Google Analytics Audiences, Facebook Analytics and Bing. Technologies are also placed by social media sites for advertising and targeting purposes (including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat).
These technologies remember the sites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. When we use third parties for advertising and targeting purposes, we may disclose:
- Personally identifiable information, such as email address, order ID, venue.
- Generic, aggregated or anonymised data relating to your visits and use of our Site; or
- Information in a pseudonymised form such as a browser cookie ID / code or cryptographic hash of your email address to help us tailor and display our ads to you on other services. This ID or code is matched against your equivalent unique code similarly generated by our ad partners to tailor adverts to you.
The third party companies that we use for targeting and advertising purposes have their own privacy policies which you should read in detail.
Doubleclick Advertising. Doubleclick is Google’s real time bidding advertising exchange. These cookies ensure that you can see My Glam Squad offers on carefully selected third party websites after you have left the Site.
Google Targeting. These cookies are set by Google. These cookies enable Google to profile the interests of visitors and ensure that relevant to My Glam Squad advertising reaches you on third party sites or search. These cookies may also be used to store user preferences, verify Google user accounts.
How do we use information we collect from tracking technologies?
See “What do we use this personal data for“ https://myglamsquad.co.uk/privacy-policy.
What can I do to control/change my Cookies preferences?
Please find below a number of ways in which you can manage your Cookie preferences online. Please also refer to the privacy & cookie policies of the relevant third party for more information.
- Most browsers and devices allow you to remove tracking technologies and/or block new tracking technologies being set. To turn off tracking technologies, look at the “help” menu on your browser, or visit your device settings. However, please note, that (a) this may not be effective for all tracking technologies and (b) switching off tracking technologies may restrict your use of the Sites and/or delay or affect the way in which they operate.
- AdChoices is a self-regulatory program that encourages online advertising Sites to include an advertising option icon on any ads or webpages where data is collected and used for behavioural advertising. Find out more here: www.youradchoices.com/control.
- Use your mobile device settings to configure your advertising preferences.
- Visit Your Online Choices here to opt out of various interest based advertisingwww.youronlinechoices.com/uk/.
- Facebook Ads: You can control how Facebook uses data to show you ads by turning off ads which may be based on interests and / or your relationship with specific advertisers, in your ad preference settings. For further information, please visit the various Facebook pages which allow you to learn more about Facebook ads and Cookies and to update your settings:
Please note that where you have opted out of receiving our email marketing communications via the methods described above under the section “Marketing”, you may still see our non-targeted adverts whilst you are online, if your interests settings on Facebook are aligned to an audience segment (pre-defined by Facebook) which our business is also associated with. We do not control whether these ads that are displayed to you.
- In the case of third parties not specified in this section, please consult their relevant privacy & cookies policy to find out more about adverts displayed to you whilst you are online and how you can opt-out.